|Green Beans with Shrimp|
That's all you need to know about these quick and savory "not-your-mother's" green beans.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut to a length of your liking
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce*
- 1 tea. sugar
- 3 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the oyster sauce, sugar and 3 tbsp. water until the sugar dissolves.
Heat oil in a wide mouth skillet on high heat so beans are shallow in the pan and touching the skillet, not mounded. Reduce the heat to medium-high add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, do not blacken and burn, about 1 minute.
Add the beans to the garlic skillet; add a pinch of salt. Stir-fry until the beans are bright green, about 1 minute. Pour in the oyster sauce mixture. Stir-fry until the beans are just tender and the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add 1/4 lbs. shelled de-veined previously sauteed shrimp, stir in at the end to coat with sauce
- Add 1 Tbl. sliced toasted almonds
- *Use Gluten-Free Oyster Sauce for a GF dish